Day 10

 9:07pm


    Today, the paddling school and I traveled to the Chattooga River. It lies in northern Georgia and is a hidden gem. No roads or houses are allowed within a third of a mile of the river. The good news is that we didn't see a single other person or one bit of infrastructure, but the bad news was that we had to hike out with our kayaks and gear. As soon as I made it down to the river I was shocked. There was a large beach with lots of skipping rocks, smooth-flowing water, and flowers blooming in every direction. This run included mostly class 11 drops into pools, but near the end was one class IV section and some 111. The instructors further taught what they had already been teaching. I taught a brace. I told the new paddlers that when they start to tip over they shouldn't be afraid to stick their paddle out and use it as a way to right themselves. Near the end of the day, one of the paddlers used it and thanked me. Seeing someone apply the knowledge that I taught felt very rewarding. Tomorrow, the school and I will be paddling the Nantahala. 

Hours:

8:30am to 6:30pm

Day: 10 hours

Total: 73 hours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5

Weekly Reflection 2

Day 2