Day 3

 7:37pm


At raft guide school today, we took all the skills we've learned in the past two days and applied them to the Nantahala. We practiced all of the different paddle strokes, eddy moves, and rock spins. One new thing I learned was the guide stroke. It is a stroke where the guide can move the raft forward on his own. I found this stroke very helpful as I like to let people relax on the raft instead of making them paddle. It's also nice if I'm having a conversation with the people on the raft and don't want to interrupt it. Tomorrow, we will all be waking up early to go to the French Broad River. It has many class 111 sections with some 1V as well. It will be a good chance to see how well I'm performing the strokes and maneuvers. 

Hours:

8:30 am to 5:30pm

Day: 9 hours

Total: 30 hours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5

Weekly Reflection 2

Day 2